Saturday, June 22, 2013

Amy Farrah Fowler Pattern!

Below is the pattern for my Amy Farrah Fowler Doll! Please keep in mind I do not write my patterns in normal rounds, I just write down the stitches and the process I go through to make the doll. I prefer to count stitches. 

If you have any questions please send me an email. I have closed the comments on this post because I do not always get notifications so it is quicker to email me directly should you have any questions. Happy Crocheting!

Supplies:
Worsted Weight Acrylic Yarns, skin colour and the colors for her outfit, and hair.
3.5 Crochet Hook.
9 gauge wire (For her glasses).
Filling.
Scissors.
Embroidery thread for eyebrows and mouth.
Safety Eyes.

Head, Body and Legs (Worked as one piece starting at the top of her head)
6sc in ring (Or ch2 and 6sc in second ch from hook).
(2sc in next st) x 6
(Sc, 2sc in next st) x 6
(Sc x 2, 2sc in next st) x 6
(Sc x 3, 2sc in next st) x 6
Sc x 30
(Sc x 4, 2sc in next st) x 6
Sc x 100
(Sc x 5, 2sc in next st) x 6
Sc x 300
No you will start decreasing for the neck. Please stuff your doll firmly as you are working.
(Sc x 6, invdec) x 6
Invdec x 28
You should have 8sc in your work, including the st that is on your hook right now.
Sc x 12
Now insert your eyes. I like to have the head made first to see exactly where I want to place my eyes.
(Sc, 2sc in next st) x 4
(Sc x 2, 2sc in next st) x 4
(Sc x 3, 2sc in next st) x 4
Sc x 17
Now make sure you are in the middle of the back of your doll. If not sc a few more stitches until you are there.
Now you will switch colours to make her shirt. Your color changing stitch will count as one st for the entire pattern. Please stuff your doll firmly as you are working.
Switch to black, sc x 20
Switch to orange, sc x 4, 2sc in next st, sc x 2
Switch to black, sc x 4
Swtich to orange, sc x 3, 2sc in next st, sc x 9
(2sc in next st) x 2, sc x 9
(2sc in next st) x 2, sc x 9
(2sc in next st) x 2, sc x 12
(2sc in next st) x 2
Sc x 200, invdec, sc x 12, invdec
Sc x 102
Now you will sc around in back loops only x27, fo, and weave in ends.


Now you will be starting her skirt. Lift up the shirt to the round where you single crocheted around in the back loops and with brown yarn starting in the middle of the back of your doll sc around 27 stitches. 
Now sc around in front loops only 27 stitches.
Sc through both loops x 6, 2sc in next st, sc x 13, 2sc in next st.
Sc x 382, fo, weave in ends.
Now you will be starting her legs. Roll up your skirt to where you single crocheted around in back loops. With black sc around 22 stitches. You might need to skip a few stitches, don't worry you won't see this in your finished work.
Sc x 24, skip 11 stitches, sc in next st
Now keep single crocheting around x 340
Now you will be starting her foot. 
Turn, ch1, sc x 4
(Turn, ch1, sc x 4) x 3
Turn, ch1, sc, invdec, sc
Turn, ch1, sc x 3
Now you will continue single crocheting around the entire foot. Do 67sc. Fo, weave in ends.
Now you will be starting her second leg. Hold your doll with her back facing you. Insert hook into the first stitch to the left of your first leg. Pull up loop, sc in same st.
Sc around x 10
Now you will have to jump over to your first st and single crochet in it. You should have 11sc in your work including the st on your hook.
Sc x 349
Now you will be starting your foot.
Turn, ch1, sc x 4
(Turn, ch1, sc x 4) x 3
Turn, ch1, sc, invdec, sc
Turn, ch1, sc x 3
Now sc around the entire piece x 67

Soles of Feet (Make 2)
With black ch5
Turn, sc x 4
(Turn, ch1, sc x 4) x 4
Turn, ch1, sc, invdec, sc
(Turn, ch1, sc x 3) x 2
Fo, leave a long tail.

Arm (Make 2)
6sc in ring
(sc, 2sc in next st) x 3
Sc x 9, bobble st, sc x 3, invdec
Sc x 3, invdec, sc x 90
Change to orange, sc x 35
Invdec, sc x 5, fo leave a long tail.

Nose
I like making my noses separate lately so I can place it exactly where I want it on my finished doll. To make your nose start with a long tail. Ch2, and do a bobble stitch in second ch from hook. Fo, leave a long tail.

Ears (Make 2)
6sc in ring, fo leave a long tail.

Shirt Collar
With orange ch26
Turn, sc x 25
Turn, ch1, sc x 25
(Turn, ch1, hdc, sc x 23, hdc) x 2
Turn,ch1,sc x 25
Fo, leave a long tail

Front Seam On Shirt
Ch20, fo, leave a long tail.

Amy's Cardigan
With grey ch34
(Turn, ch1, sc x 33) x 2
Change to blue, (Turn, ch1, sc x 32)
Turn, ch1, sc x 33
Change to grey, (Turn, ch1, sc x 32)
Turn, ch1, sc x 33
Change to blue, (Turn, ch1, sc x 32)
Turn, ch1, sc x 33
Change to grey, (Turn, ch1, sc x 32)
Turn, ch1, sc x 33
Change to blue, (Turn, ch1, sc x 32)
Turn, ch1, sc x 33
Change to grey, (Turn, ch1, sc x 32)
Turn, ch1, sc x 33
Change to blue, (Turn, ch1, sc x 32)
Turn, ch1, sc x6, ch5, skip 5 stitches, sc.
(Sc, invdec) x 3
Sc, ch5, skip 5 stitches, sc x 6
Switch to grey, turn, ch1, invdec x 2, scx2
Now do 4sc in the arm hole.
Sc x 8, 4sc in the second arm hole.
Sc x 2, invdec x 2,
Turn, ch1, sc x 24
Turn, ch1, now sc around the entire piece (all sides).

Cardigan Sleeves (Make 2)
Now for cardigan sleeves I either make them separate, or in the past I have also crocheted them right on the sweater. For Amy's sweater I decided to make her sleeves separate and sew them on later.
With blue ch13, join.
Sc x 13
Change to grey, sc x 26
Change to blue, sc x 26
Change to grey, sc x 26
Change to blue, sc x 26
Change to grey, sc x 26
Change to blue, sc x 26
Change to grey, sc x 26
Change to blue, sc x 26
Sc x 26
Fo, leave a long tail.

Shoes
With black ch6
Turn, sc x 5
(Turn, ch1, sc x 5) x 5
Turn, ch1, sc x 2, invdec, sc
(Turn, ch1, sc x 4) x 2
Now single crochet around the entire piece x 22
Sc around in back loops x 24
Sc around through both loops x 34, hdc dec x 6
Sc x 9, fo.

Shoe Strap (Make 2)
Start with a long tail, ch10, fo, leave a long tail.

Assembly
Now you will stuff her legs firmly, and sew the soles of her feet on. Sew on the shirt collar, and the front seam on shirt. Sew the arms onto her cardigan. Now add her hair and embroider on her face. Sew on her ears and nose. And I made her a small tiara using craft wire and glass beads.

Please note I started making my dolls a bit larger they are about 15 inches long. So this Amy doll may be bigger than my Sheldon Pattern. I did not use my Sheldon Pattern when I made my recent set of Shamy Dolls. If you find she is working up to large you can drop a hook size.

Feel free to sell finished items that you make using my patterns. But please do not distribute my patterns without my permission. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at amidorablecrochet@gmail.com